Monday, April 18, 2011

Man, The Church Can Be Pretty Harsh...

Because the geocentric idea was so praised by the church, my heliocentric theory is considered "heretic". If I release my masterpiece, my reputation could be shattered, and even worse, I could be sentenced to death. Now, how much would that stink?

I have a brilliant plan, though. I have decided to delay the release of my masterpiece until after my death. Clever, huh? That way I can completely avoid being persecuted by the Church, and still get my ideas out to the world. Sometimes, my intellectuality even surprises me. Anyway, I shall be placing the responsibility of "De Revolutionibus" in the hands of a dear fellow of mine, Andreas Osiander, in the hopes that he takes the utmost care of it.

This is Nicolaus Copernicus, signing off.

2 comments:

  1. See, this is why you should support my theory. It abides by the laws of the church and is also supported by facts. Seriously, you should consider Copernicus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, dude? You've got to stop being so lame, and be a rebel like me. Heliocentricism FTW

    ReplyDelete